Thursday, 18 March 2010
Things have been rather hectic of late at Maison Strange. I've been very busy in the run up to the Living With Autism art workshops which I'll be helping deliver tomorrow.
Just to keep things interesting Lyla's ramped up her autistic activities at home.
I normally like to ponder and explain these idiosyncracies of autism, but I'm so drained a the moment, I think I'll list some of them and lay it open for you, lovely readers!
1. The egg-smashing has resumed. This time, kiwi-fruit are also involved
2. Lyla smashed a window. It wasn't part of a tantrum, she simply picked up a rock and threw it at the window. When asked why she did it, she cried.
3. Lyla broke the washing machine circuit board whilst trying to crack the child lock.
4. She dug up ALL the daffodils and replanted them with onions from the fridge (interesting this one?)
5. Lyla has consumed half a bag of frozen peas and hidden the rest of the packet under the sofa.
6. She's shredded three rolls of Andrex into confetti sized pieces and arranged them in random sequences around the house. Apparently they're messages.
7. The last one's an old favourite.....pouring all the shampoo/ bath foam/ Fairy liquid down the plughole.
I leave you with a picture I took of my reflection in a clock yesterday, kinda sums up how I feel right now....